POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : povray.ini : Re: povray.ini Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:25:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: povray.ini
From: Chris Cason
Date: 23 Jul 2008 08:10:20
Message: <48871fac$1@news.povray.org>
Thanks folks ... so far we have Stephen, Jim and Sabrina.

I'd like to suggest you co-ordinate the job amongst yourselves via this
group or otherwise as it suits you (though I suggest here) ...

what we need is that all the scenes (as supplied in the latest beta) to be
updated for 3.7. this involves at the minimum updating the header of the
file etc. #version should only be used where needed; i.e. if #version 3.5
is there, and it renders OK like that, then leave it at 3.5. if it renders
OK without #version at all, then it can be taken out. as a rule we'd only
like to see #version 3.7 in the scene if it's needed for compatibility.

one significant issue we're going to come across is scenes that were
designed with assumed_gamma at some non-standard value: please see the
release notes for more details on this if you're not already familiar with
the problem and the solutions. worst case the scene might need to be
modified (in terms of the lighting or textures) or in extreme cases removed
entirely.

finally, some of the scenes (and I think even includes) generate warnings:
apart from cases where these are unavoidable it would be nice to stop those
from happening.

oh, and feel free to suggest other improvements, alterations, additions, or
replacements if you wish:)

thanks!

-- Chris